Juan Castillo wrote a series of articles for the Austin American-Statesman about the culture clash between acculturated and unacculturated Hispanics living in the U.S. that are worth a read:
- Tensions & Alliances: A people divided
- A clash of cultures: Born here, born there
- To Tejanos, music is sound of heritage
- Immigrants, citizens marched together
- Texas history, Mexican American experience deeply intertwined
- Hispanics heritage labels are hardly monolithic
- A Chicana questions: Is dwelling on Mexican-heritage tensions fair?
Registration is required.